Day 186: Drip Drip Drip …

12 05 2013

It’s been a little over two weeks since our last post.  The exciting news is that painting has started although sadly it stopped almost as soon as it began.   Unfortunately the plasterers had hit a water pipe with a screw and a leak had slowly developed which had gradually got worse. This was  discovered over the Anzac day long weekend when some water was found on the floor in bedroom 4.  The water leaking increased and found itself into the first floor ceiling and onto the ground in the family-kitchen area.

Day171

Water pooling in Bedroom 4 – coming from behind the plaster and skirting

The green L & H on the concrete slab below are areas where it needs to be leveled before floorboards can be installed.  L – indicating it is low and H – indicating it is high.  These were later leveled out with cement.

Day172-1

Water from the ceiling dripping onto the ground floor

Day172-2

Water damage in ceiling.

Once alerted to the issue our Site Manager, Simon promptly organised the plumber to investigate and fix the leak.  Once the leak was fixed, parts of the damaged plaster and skirting were replaced.

Ceiling replaced and re-plastered

Ceiling replaced and re-plastered

We have been really pleased that Simon acted on this issue straight away and made sure it was fixed quickly.  Whilst the water damage issue is not ideal, the positive from the situation is that it occurred at this stage before any floor coverings had been laid.  In the end we have probably been delayed by about 2 weeks. The good news is we are now back on track and painting has recommenced.

Other progress made in the past 2 weeks include:

  • Completion of the external cladding to the rear of the house
  • Completion of the gables above the garage
  • Cleaning of the ground floor bricks
  • Plumbing works including installation of downpipes
  • And various quality issue fixes around the house
Day185-9

Last of the cladding now installed – just needs to be painted.

Day185-11

Gables installed above garage. You can also see downpipes connected to the house.

The base coats of painting to the house have been done and some of the staining of the timber windows have started.  Here are some photos of the painting progress:

Day185-3

Rumpus

Day185-4

Study doors with Cabot Stain – Colour Rich Walnut

Day185-7

Family-Kitchen area. The ceiling where it was water damaged is now fixed up, good as new.

Day185-8

Kitchen area

Day185-5

Master Ensuite

Day185-6

Stairs and upstairs leisure room

Day185

Front door with Cabot Stain – Colour Rich Walnut. Door handled installed.

Day185-2

Siting room window stained

We got a call from Beaumont tiles today, to say that tiling will start on Tuesday. They have invited Kristen to come and have a look at the tiles before they start and discuss the layout which we weren’t expecting but are quite pleased about.

We also had Dollar Curtains and Blinds come in to do a measure and quote for all of our window coverings. We are keen to have these ready to go once handover takes place. Simon was happy to meet us on site so we could do this which was great. it will take 4-6 weeks for the curtains to be made once we confirm what we want and 6-8  weeks for plantation shutters which we are planning to get in a few of the rooms.

C&K

Advertisements




Day 169: Painting has started

25 04 2013

The last few days saw the house being glad wrapped internally in preparation for painting.  And today (ANZAC Day)  saw the first signs of painting being done.

C&K





Day 135: Facade reveal

22 03 2013

Today saw the scaffolding come down to finally reveal the Plantation facade that has been worked on over the past few weeks.  Its still not complete yet, but its taking shape.  We also saw the first signs of painting with the weatherboard cladding being painted with the colour Dulux Linseed.  We can also see that some of the first floor windows painted with Cabot’s Stain – Rich Walnut.

day135-1

The Plantation facade is coming together nicely.

day135-4

day135-3

Here’s a zoomed in photo which show’s the weatherboard cladding colour. The render top coat which contains the colour has not been applied yet.

day135-2

Gables (timber slats) on the roof also painted with Cabot’s Stain – Rich Walnut

day135-6

Side on view from up the street.

day135-5

Looks like the rubbish from plastering has been removed from inside the house.

C&K